Thursday, April 14, 2011

Heart.Head.Hands- Inspirational Artist Series: 1

Creativity is truly a gift that stems from the heart, unravels in the head, and is executed with the hands. A visual artist myself, I really enjoy looking at others work and I find myself constantly blown away by the imagination and skill some people hold. So everyone!... I've decided to create a series on artists that I have come to find inspirational. Honestly, this is my kind of eye candy and after this first post I hope becomes yours too!


Two artist that I've recently come across:


Bychkova, Marina. 2009. Costumed Dolls. The Enchanted Doll. Marina Bychkova, 17 May 2011. Web. 14 Apr. 2011. <http://www.enchanteddoll.com>.
-Marina Bychkova-  
is an artist that specilizes in molding and decorating her own porcelian dolls. Now, if your like me you may not associate porcelain dolls with the word likable.  More like, creepy blinking dolls that come to life when your sleeping and kill.... um yeah... 
Bychkova, Marina. Beauty and the Beast, or the Stockholm Syndrome in Fairy Tales. 2010. Costumed Dolls. The Enchanted Doll. Marina Bychkova, 17 May 2011. Web. 14 Apr. 2011. <http://www.enchanteddoll.com>.
 Yet in my opinion, Marina Bychkova's dolls are simply stunning and that's saying the very least. There is exquisite detail placed on everything from the way she crafts their body's to the emotions in their faces; their tattoos and their accessories. Her creations are narrative but embody realism. 
If your still asking yourself why dolls? Here's what the artist had to say, "As a child I became painfully aware and appalled at the mediocrity and the uninspired dullness of mass-produced dolls. This profound frustration coupled with my natural sensibilities inspired me to create my own dolls, suited to my own ideas of feminine beauty."Want More? Check out her website: http://www.enchanteddoll.com

Bychkova, Marina. The Bloody Elizabeth Bathory. 2010. Costumed Dolls. The Enchanted Doll. Marina Bychkova, 17 May 2011. Web. 14 Apr. 2011. <http://www.enchanteddoll.com>.


Bychkova, Marina. The Shape Shifter (Mammalius Kinesis). 2009. Costumed Dolls. The Enchanted Doll. Marina Bychkova, 17 May 2011. Web. 14 Apr. 2011. <http://www.enchanteddoll.com>.
Bychkova, Marina. Lavanya. 2009. Costumed Dolls. The Enchanted Doll. Marina Bychkova, 17 May 2011. Web. 14 Apr. 2011. <http://www.enchanteddoll.com>.








-Saimir Strati-


Albanian artist Saimir Strati secured a place for himself in the guinness book of world records when he created the world’s largest 3 dimensional portrait. Strati used industrial nails. 800 pounds of them. one nail for each pixel.
I am assuming that he had mapped out each dot previously. Anyway, what I like about using metal as a medium in the luminosity and colors caused by corrosion cause over the years. I know that my materials and technologies professor probably wouldn't like hearing me say this, but I am not sure what metal he used for this piece. But, if they are iron, I would definitely like to see this piece in a few years. Well, that's all for now! Let me know what you think of this series!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment